Life Update

I’m finally getting around to this.. about 3 months late. So here we are. 

Myself:

Life has changed a little bit for us these past few months, definitely for the better. I was really struggling emotionally for a while with postpartum depression and anxiety, but have found a wonderful doctor to help me manage it. I plan to talk about my own personal experience with PPD in a post coming very soon!

I also took on a new job, and holy cow, it has made such a difference to my mindset and wellbeing. I’ve been working as a teachers assistant for a few months now, which is something I never thought I would do, let alone love. I was drowning in stress as a pharmacy technician and even prior to that being in the military, and I wanted something with a similar schedule to Ronan’s so I wasn’t constantly stressing to find a babysitter. 

Little did I realize how attached I would become to the kids, and vice versa. I come home almost daily with new drawings from the students, glue on my hands, and random glittery pencils that have made their way into my pockets. For once, it’s finally clicked for me and I truly enjoy going to work. 

Ronan:

My baby boy is officially a toddler and sure acting like it. He’s so outgoing, incredibly active, and a total goofball. His personality is so happy and contagious… about 90% of the time. The other 10% he’s throwing a tantrum from being told “no.” 

Ronan has 12 teeth so far! He decided to cut all 4 of his molars at the same time last month and that was a real nightmare, but we pushed through. He is now 22lbs, in 12-18mo clothes, in size 5 shoes, and running around everywhere. 

We have learned to play hide and seek and it is now little man’s favorite game! He also loves peek-a-boo and stacking anything he can find. He is up to about 20 words now and talks A LOT. 

We are still breastfeeding and I keep going back and forth about weaning. I’m just gonna be straight with you, Ronan is a full on BOOB ADDICT. Even making small attempts to cut him off just makes him the angriest I’ve ever seen him. He also gets quite violent with me if I reject his wish for the boob enough. I know that’s probably not healthy, so if anyone has any tips to decreasing violent gestures when being told no, please comment below! It’s a tough life. 

So long story short, we are happy, we are healthy, I love my job, Ronan loves his boob, and that’s it for now!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!🎄 

Follow:
Share:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *